The Sinking City is a game of investigation and mystery taking place in a fictional city inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft.
Step into the shoes of a 1920s private investigator, Charles Reed, whose mind is slowly being devoured by terrible insanity.
In pursuit of a cure, the detective finds himself in Oakmont, Massachusetts. A city suffering from unprecedented floods of clearly supernatural origins. A city trembling on the brink of madness, just like Charles.
Can you survive this beleaguered town and untangle the mysteries responsible for its tragic situation or will you be driven beyond madness yourself?
- No Handholding - There are no objectives on the map and straightforward quests. No magic waypoints automatically telling you where to go or search. You need to piece together the mystery yourself by finding clues, locations and suspects using your cunning and the few tools at hand.
- Learn to Live Here - You’ll need to take in your surroundings if you want to succeed. Learn the city grid to move around efficiently, take note of unique locations for when they come up in clues and conversations. Look for vagabond signs marking doors that lead to new opportunities, and take in the specific landmarks and street signs to learn the maze of Oakmont.
- Mad Skills - Spot obscure details on the evidence with the help of your “Mind’s Eye”. Reimagine the events that took place on a crime scene with Retrocognition. Follow The Omens to reveal what’s unseen to an ordinary detective. Utilize Archives within City Hall, Police Station, Library and other facilities to learn the history of Oakmont, and finally - cross-reference all known facts within your Mind Palace to come to the right conclusion.
- Full game
- The investigator pack
- *The investigator outfit
- *Fist aid kits
- *Crafting Resources
- The Chicago organ grinder
- A physical map of Okamont