Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is the follow-up to Monster Hunter Generations, and marks the Monster Hunter seriesâ€™ debut on Nintendo Switch as an exclusive. Hunters can face off against the largest roster of unique monsters in any Monster Hunter game to date. Players take on the role of a brave hunter challenging larger than life beasts that yield valuable resources used for crafting unique weapons and equipment.
- Take on the series' largest roster of monsters to date including all-new monsters
- Join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meet-up and play together via local play
- Flexibility to either play online with friends on a TV in tabletop mode or play on-the-go in handheld mode
- Alongside the previously featured low rank and high rank level quests from Generations, a challenging quest level called "G" rank is introduced to test experienced hunters' battle tactics
- Expanding on the four Styles and super moves called Hunter Arts introduced in Generations, new indispensable Hunter Arts as well as two Styles are introduced for even further refined personalization options
- Fell massive beasts to obtain resources for crafting countless weapons and armor including all-new gear fashioned after the game's colossal creatures
- Colossal roster â€“ Take on the seriesâ€™ largest roster of monsters to date including all-new monsters, Deviant variants, and the mysterious new Elder Dragon Valstrax.
- Co-op multiplayer â€“ Join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meet-up and play together via local play.
- Play anywhere! â€“ With Nintendo Switch, for the first time gamers have the flexibility to either play online with friends on a TV in tabletop mode or play on-the-go in handheld mode.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is the follow-up to Monster Hunter Generations, and marks the Monster Hunter series' debut on Nintendo Switch as an exclusive. Hunters can face off against the largest roster of unique monsters in any Monster Hunter game to date. Players take on the role of a brave hunter challenging larger than life beasts that yield valuable resources used for crafting unique weapons and equipment. Accept hundreds of quests solo or with friends in this nostalgic look back at the series' beginnings and evolutions. Along the hunter's journey, players must defend each of the game's four villages from major threats known as the Fated Four, plus an even more dangerous new Elder Dragon. This game features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favorites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. Monster Hunter Generations
Â features gameplay similar to past titles in the series. The player assumes the role of a hunter who embarks on quests to hunt dangerous creatures. A hunter's abilities are determined by the type of armor and weapons that they wear on a quest, as the hunter otherwise has no intrinsic attributes that affect gameplay. All fourteen weapon types fromÂ Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
, ranging from swords, hammers, bows, guns, and lances, are included inÂ Monster Hunter Generations
, in addition to the new Prowler mode which allows the player to take the role of aÂ Felyne, a sentient cat-like species.Each weapon has different sets of moves and abilities that can be employed while in the field. Armors grant defensive bonuses to physical and elemental damage, and can boost specific skills and attack types through base attributes and the addition of special decoration gems and talismans. To make a more powerful hunter that can survive against more dangerous creatures, the player takes materials carved from monsters (either slain or captured via traps), as well as materials gathered from the various fields and purchased in village stores, to craft new armor or to craft and upgrade weapons. Defeating more powerful creatures enables even more potent equipment to be crafted, thus creating a gameplay progress through the game's loot system. New inÂ Generations
Â is the ability to transform armor pieces into new gear similar to weapon upgrade paths by upgrading it with materials from broad categories, like bones or ores, and having the ability to upgrade a weapon directly to a more advanced version without the intermediate upgrade steps.