- Mario Sandbox-Style Gameplay Mario embarks on a new journey through unknown worlds, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine
- Mario jumps out of the Mushroom Kingdom and embarks on a journey through mysterious places and new experiences, such as sailing between worlds aboard an airship
- Mario has the ability to throw his cap
- Compatible with the Nintendo Switch only
Embark on a cap-tivating, globe-trotting adventure
Join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowserâ€™s wedding plans. This 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Marioâ€™s moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, youâ€™ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything youâ€™ve enjoyed in a Mario game before. Get ready to be whisked away to strange and amazing places far from the Mushroom Kingdom.
Explore huge 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and lots of ways to interact with the diverse environments â€“ such as cruising around them in vehicles that incorporate the HD rumble feature of the Joy-Con controller or exploring sections as Pixel Mario.
Team up with CappyMario isnâ€™t alone in his quest to track down Bowser â€“ heâ€™s got a friend in the form of Cappy, a mysterious character from the land of hats whoâ€™s transformed himself into Marioâ€™s trademark red cap. Use Marioâ€™s cap to take out enemies or to jump higher. He can even harness its powers to capture enemies, including Goombas and Chain Chomps, as well as Safety Bars, taxis and a T-Rex?
- Explore huge 3D kingdoms
- Costumes for Mario
- Thanks to his friend, Cappy, Mario has moves for you to master, like cap throw, cap jump and capture
- With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies
- Visit astonishing locales, like skyscraper-packed Donk City
- Hand a Joy-Con controller to a friend to enjoy simultaneous multiplayer. Player 1 controls Mario. Player 2 controls Marioâ€™s ally, Cappy
- Amiibo compatible